Diploma & Careers Institute is an educational service provider focused on changing the lives of youth through innovatively designed alternative education programs that emphasize character resilience and preparation for life success.
We help students who:
- Want to finish high school faster
- Need to explore learning beyond the standard curriculum
- Are behind on credits towards their graduation year
- Have daily attendance problems
- Have personal or health issues
- Tend to quit easily
- Have transportation challenges
- Need classes not offered at their regular schools
- Need a flexible schedule
- Have part-time or full-time jobs
- Have family commitments or raising children
- Want to study, learn, or do their homework when they have free time
- Need equal recognition in terms of age, appearance, and background
What We Value and Teach:
LIFE would not be life if we did not encounter problems along the way. We all have them and we all experience them. Most of the time our problems come about from the people we deal with on a day-to-day basis. Problems occur when we engage with people through argument. Building good relationships and rapport with people rests on good communication.
At DCI, we believe that practicing genuine CONVERSATION leads to maintaining good relationships. Often times students simply quit and give up when challenges occur. For this reason, we aim to instill RESILIENCE in the learning process, instead of allowing them to give up. We do this by practicing and demonstrating the art of conversation with our students every week.
We also help students PREPARE for life by teaching the principle of “getting things done now and worrying about the effects later.” Problems snowball when things are left incomplete. At DCI, we encourage our students to simply dive into their lessons. We tell them not to worry about the end for the moment, just what is in front. Such behavior, otherwise, causes procrastination and results in not taking that necessary first step. Practicing skills like meeting deadlines; getting things done now; and having good conversations with people lead to being prepared for life success.
Online doesn’t mean on your own!
Why join DCI? Because, we will not let you quit or fail!
At DCI, you work on your classes when you have free time. If you ever get stuck in a course or lesson, we will help you get through it step-by-step. Student support is always available, hassle-free, and non-judgmental. This means that we do not penalize you for learning on your time and at your pace. And we do not fail you for not having academic skills.
- We don’t require a certain number of hours per week that you have to work on your classes. Do your classwork on your own free time!
- Our grading system does not include “F”. You are guaranteed to receive class credit. There is absolutely no mid-term or final exam that you have to pass; just complete your lessons!
OUR ONLY REQUIREMENT IS THAT YOU COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR ACADEMIC SUCCESS COACH EVERY WEEK DURING THE SCHOOL SEMESTER.